Watched Woodstock again after about 12 years

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 20, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    First of all: White ppl dancing :eek:

Second: Canned Heat invented bassist headbanging. The guy's got some nice blues chops too.

Third: The cameraman's infatuation with Roger Daltrey made him forget about filming The Ox. :crying:

Fourth: Alvin Lee will always pwn!

Fifth: I thought age would change my opinion but Joan Baez is STILL irritating.

Sixth: I still wanna woo Janis Joplin (well, if she were still alive)

Seventh: Voodoo Chile!
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Alvin Lee will always pwn!
  4. JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX

Bruce Clarke former bassist for Sha na na is a good friend of mine. I don't know about the rest of the band but he's a cool cat.
  5. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    It always made me laugh how at Woodstock when Jimi Hendrix played like everyone was gone.

And.. Oh snap I forgot the guitarists name, I haven't seen it in a while.. But when that one guitarist does a huge amazing solo then just drops his guitar near the the drum set, picks up a watermelon and leaves.. Haha.
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I thought it cool Hendrix went on for all the diehards that stuck it out 'til the next morning(then again, maybe the diehards were awakening from their 3-day stupor).

For me-
    Santana's(the whole band) performance killed.
    I also thought Richie Havens set the tone for the whole affair.

Would like to to have seen Sly & TFS in better lighting...which you can now see on the Dick Cavett Rock Icons set(one tune, "Thank You"; nice shots of Graham playing a red Jazz).

Joplin fans may want to check out Rock Icons; Disc 2 is all Janis with either the Kosmic Blues Band or the Full-Tilt Boogie Band(no Big Brother & the Holding Company).
    Bruce Campbell plays a nice white P-bass in both bands; he's has pretty decent R&B chops.
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    And he has the nastiest nails too.
  8. When Sly and TFS get the whole crowd singing "Higher" , I can feel my self shake ! :D It's amazing. Santana and Alvin Lee also kill ! :bassist: