Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Watched Woodstock again after about 12 years

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Aug 20, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    First of all: White ppl dancing :eek:

Second: Canned Heat invented bassist headbanging. The guy's got some nice blues chops too.

Third: The cameraman's infatuation with Roger Daltrey made him forget about filming The Ox. :crying:

Fourth: Alvin Lee will always pwn!

Fifth: I thought age would change my opinion but Joan Baez is STILL irritating.

Sixth: I still wanna woo Janis Joplin (well, if she were still alive)

Seventh: Voodoo Chile!

2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Eighth: Sha-Na-Na!

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Alvin Lee will always pwn!

4. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX

Bruce Clarke former bassist for Sha na na is a good friend of mine. I don't know about the rest of the band but he's a cool cat.

5. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    It always made me laugh how at Woodstock when Jimi Hendrix played like everyone was gone.

And.. Oh snap I forgot the guitarists name, I haven't seen it in a while.. But when that one guitarist does a huge amazing solo then just drops his guitar near the the drum set, picks up a watermelon and leaves.. Haha.

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I thought it cool Hendrix went on for all the diehards that stuck it out 'til the next morning(then again, maybe the diehards were awakening from their 3-day stupor).

For me-
    Santana's(the whole band) performance killed.
    I also thought Richie Havens set the tone for the whole affair.

Would like to to have seen Sly & TFS in better lighting...which you can now see on the Dick Cavett Rock Icons set(one tune, "Thank You"; nice shots of Graham playing a red Jazz).

Joplin fans may want to check out Rock Icons; Disc 2 is all Janis with either the Kosmic Blues Band or the Full-Tilt Boogie Band(no Big Brother & the Holding Company).
    Bruce Campbell plays a nice white P-bass in both bands; he's has pretty decent R&B chops.

7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    And he has the nastiest nails too.

8. When Sly and TFS get the whole crowd singing "Higher" , I can feel my self shake ! :D It's amazing. Santana and Alvin Lee also kill ! :bassist: