Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Web Host Suggestions???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Apr 21, 2004.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

looking for a big spacious webserver to share music with bandmates, and also to run my own webspace.

any ideas?

i use www.smarterlinux.com right now, but i'm hitting the 200 meg limit. a friend turned me onto "1and1" hosting, which is offering 1GB for $9.99.

any others i should take note of? any reliable comparison reviews of a few major vendors?

2. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    I am very happy with ICDsoft.

They have 5 gig transfer + 333 MB of space + many other nice things and awesome support for $5/month. The 333 isn't much more than your 200 but I think you can buy additional chunks of space for a small upcharge.

3. 1and1 seems to have a heck of a price. If you do sign up for it, let me know if it's any good. Our band needs a new host!

4. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    I just looked more completely at the $10/month plan at 1&1 and it looks like a killer deal! (what I wouldn't give for cron jobs...)

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

www.hostbaby.com - especially for bands and musicians.

$20 per month, 500MB storage, streaming audio & video allowed, unlimited file transfer bandwidth.