Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Website advice

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by brainfodder, Jan 25, 2006.

1. We are finally starting to gig, and I am responsible for my band's webpage. I was hoping I could get some advice on style/usability for the site.
    If you get a chance, check out The Resistors and let me know what you think. It's my first attempt, so I am eager for feedback.
    My goal is function over flash.
    colin

2. Far too much function, not enough flash. :D

It's boring and plain, go look at some other bands sites for inspiration. The logo looks kinda weak and the menu just looks cheap.

But, as a first draft, it isn't too bad.

3. zeronyne

zeronyne Recovering Keyboard Player

Nov 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Nice first take!

1) Combine the show dates with the home page. And put a band pic on that index page.

2) The show dates maybe easier to read in a table format, but DO NOT use default HTML table settings...they look like crap. If in doubt, leave it the way it is.

3) Put a representative thumbnail pic in front of each photo album link.

4. bass_newbie

bass_newbie

Oct 24, 2005

I like it! Zeronyne and some of the other members had some great suggestions. My 2 cents: add more colors and have more than one font.

Nice work! I really liked the site.

5. If you're using HTML there is a basic site called Funky-Chickens.com that has some good tips.

Search for "Free Website Templates" or something close to that and you can find some cool stuff.