1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird Al Rules All!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jumbotron, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Last night I went with my girlfriend to see a Weird Al Yankovic show. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the man is one of the greatest musicians of our time. And his band, including the bass player (great tone, I should say) is killer. They can play anything, no matter how stupid or complicated. They did this vocal and dance thing in the middle of "Yoda" that just blew my mind. I don't even know how to describe it.

The only downside was that with all the costume changes, there were a lot of video interludes that got kind of boring. I could have enjoyed more songs and momentum, and less Al TV. But other than that, a fabulous time. Highly recommended.

2. I've personally never seen him live, but am a big fan of his as well. His Bad Hair Day album is one of the first albums that I ever owned.

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Agree, he is a genus but I haven't seen him live either, would love to.

My fav. ;)

4. Levin-esque

Levin-esque

Jun 27, 2007
    I haven't seen him live, or heard any of his albums, but I've seen some of his parodies. And, Holy Levin, they left me LMAO into hell!

5. Hi.

He's the best :D , well sort of.:eyebrow:

MTV was showing his parody music videos back when I was a teenager, and allthough I primarily watched Headbangers Ball and such, Weird Al was always a pleasant surprise. I couldn't understand all the fuss and legal actions for the songs and videos, those were done IMHO with a good taste and in fact promoted the "real" product.

The only draw-back was the :eek: ACCORDION :eek: , he plays live. I hate those contraptions with a passion, and I don't even know why, I just do.
    The sound of an accordion drives me insane.

I've searched Youtube for his videos and so far I haven't found a single one that wasn't to my liking ( not counting the accordion ;) ), all of them make me laugh and generally make me feel good. My absolute favourite is the "Amish Paradise", just hilarious.

The man is a genious, I hope that I get the opportunity to see him live someday.

Sam

6. He taught me how to love my Pancreas :D .

7. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    dude weird al rocks!!!!

8. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    That one was new to me, LOVE the Beatle bass and that Kustom amp.

His bass only has one string!:D

9. "White and Nerdy" is my favorite. The video clip is the funniest...

10. Seen him three times, simply amazing. I love his shows, and I'll go see him every time he comes to town.

11. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    :confused: :confused:

12. It's in a song of his.

13. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    The Pancreas Song? As in, "Let us all raise our glasses to the pancreas. It has never been an organ of distinction..."?

14. Embryodead

Embryodead Inactive

Nov 30, 2005
    Providence, RI
    I saw him awhile back (infact it was with a girl who i broke up with and am currently back together with) like 3 or 4 years ago at Mohegan Sun, was excellent lol.

15. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
    I've seen him twice always a killer show.

16. Bass

Bass

Nov 10, 2003
    Canada
    I saw him only once on the Bad Hair tour. Agreed - excellent show. What sticks in my mind was the "fat" outfit he wore. Ha ha!

I've been a fan for many years, have most of his "tapes" and even joined the fan club at one time. I think Al sent me some stupid 3-D glasses that didn't work.

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    I just came across this. Too funny.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021