1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Weird Bass. Help identify

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by phillip1950576, Mar 24, 2009.

1. phillip1950576

phillip1950576

Jul 9, 2008
    I was over at one of my friends house giving her little sister a bass lesson (just basic stuff, plucking, fretting) and she had got this older looking bass from somebody her grandpa works with or something. It'd be nice to know some more about because its an interesting bass.

Its got two sets of p pickups, its neck through, its got a stained body with a rosewood fretboard. The controls are volume, volume, tone, with all the knobs being towards the bottom of the bass and its got a three way switch at the top near the upper horn i guess to select between the pickups. the tuners were two on each side i THINK, but im not 100% sure. Im wanting to say that the name was something similar to Santiago or something in that area. Thanks in advance guys.

2. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Sanatoga makes bass guitars, but as ever a pic or two would help! What you're saying right now is like trying to identify a blue car, with four doors, moon roof....:D

3. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    That would be a '63 Chevy Mustang with the slant 6.

4. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Get a picture.

5. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    It seems to be an invisable bass from what I dont see :)

6. phillip1950576

phillip1950576

Jul 9, 2008
    Haha touche. I'll try and get pics sometime soon, maybe tommorow or the day after. It looked like a pretty interesting bass though, and i might get it and bring it home with me and put new strings and clean it up a little. Does Sanatoga make nice stuff? Around when did they make basses?

7. Cerb

Cerb

Sep 27, 2004
    Indiana
    Good call. I would have had a difficult time determining that it was a Chevy rather than a Ford. Though, I'm thinking that particular model had a straight six.

8. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Thanks, it's a mixture of GM, FoMoCo, and MOPAR before the model came out, very rare...4-door and moonroof was the giveaway.

9. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    is this, like, the Christmas Mystery bass?