Weirdest sounding effects imaginable

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Viviuos, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    This forum is dedicated to all of the ideas that other people have thrown out because it sounded ridicules. For instance what would happen if you hooked up a phaser to a set of speakers that were in a circle around you, what would that sound like? Or what would happen if you hooked up a phaser with a delay and set the delay really fast or slow? Are there anymore weird ideas out there?
  2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Just start playing around with a Ring Modulator and you'll be trippin'...
  3. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Ah but there lies the problem, i have little spending money (but such is the life of a farmer) And besides this is just a place for people to post things they have always wanted to try but never had the chance.
  4. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

i have this one effect on my multi-effects pedal that sounds like somekinda rocketship-sciencefiction-space-timewarp thingy.
  5. Guitar or bass tuned down so string are at no pitch what soever+drumsticks+distortion+Flanger+Phase Shifter+Delay=the end of the world.
  6. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Well at my friends birthday party, there just happened to be all kinds of musicians there. We hooked up 7 different amps all over the room and connected them with a few different delay pedals. 2 guitar players, me on bass, a super good drummer, and a harmonica. We turned the lights out and just started playing. There was another guy sitting in a chair with a mic screaming whenever he felt like it and saying very weird lyrics and turning different knobs on the delay pedals. It was fantastic. Sounded like "Godspeed you black emperor" or some of Pink Floyd's weirder stuff.

We were all stoned and before we all played that we went to a Pink Floyd laser light show.