1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Welcoming

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Andrew Sinatra, Feb 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Sinatra

Andrew Sinatra

Feb 10, 2020
    Thanks for having me aboard. I have visited this site before, but never registered.
    I don't like the term former bass player, but at age 70, that's what it comes down to. Years of playing gave me carpal tunnel syndrome with atrophy of right thumb muscles and numbness in right index and middle fingers. Left wrist is painful, too. I had to sell my 1965 p-bass and Epiphone EB0. I am having surgery on the right hand this week, so maybe I can play again. I can buy any bass my heart desires price wise. Probably will go back to Fender, but I can afford a Rick. Don't know about the latter as I have heard great things about them and lousy ones, too.
    Enough rambling. Peace, and, yes,that's my real name.

Oddly and Razman like this.
  2. Razman

Razman

Feb 10, 2005
    Orange Park, FL
    Welcome to Talkbass Andrew! I had my wrists ‘fixed’ a few years back and now I’m 100%. Depending on the type of surgery your recovery time may vary; mine was orthoscopic so I was back to playing in no time. Then again I’m in my 40’s and still a little wet behind my ears; hope your procedures go well.

As for what bass to get next - just spend a little time in this forum and your desires may change. Best wishes in your search!

Eric

3. Oddly

Oddly Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Welcome!
    Sorry to hear of the medical issues, and hoping that surgery brings some relief.

4. Andrew Sinatra

Andrew Sinatra

Feb 10, 2020
    Thanks