1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Well...what do you think?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Pacman, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I've been involved in a project with a singer I used to work with in Atlanta. He's posted a new track from the new project at www.broadjam.com/karstendurand . Click on the pre-release of "Fiction" and tell me what you think?

The cool thing is, I recorded these tracks in Texas, and never played with the group! Another internet recording sucess.

So...thoughts?

2. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    can't get it to play. I'll have to try on another PC.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    That, my friend what we call "pocket slapping". Nice topend tone. Which ax are you using? That's the perfect tone for that song. How'd you come up with the idea to use that particular tone and technique?

4. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Thanks, 'Chuck! I appreciate that - I'm all about the pocket.

As far as my part - Du had a synth bass part on the track, and I copped the 'spirit' of it (or at least I tried to). The tone and technique came from the breaks where I'm just hammering that open 'E' - really in your face, urgent sound. That bass is the same bass I use for just about everything - my FMT 5 string. Great bass, for everything.

5. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Nobody else?

6. I really liked the thumping on the "E". It created a good positive musical tension.

7. I dig, Pacman. Really subdued, and holdin' it down. Solid pocket playin, and a few tasty fills. My kind of 'line, though I'd like to have you a little more forward in the mix. :D

8. Pacman

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    thanks, man!

9. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I think... I'd like to borrow your thumb for the weekend some time! I'm with Woodchuck. Slapping while staying in the pocket - gotta get me some of that! Nice work, Jon!

10. poptart

poptart Commercial User

Sep 13, 2005
    UK
    Owner: Bass Direct
    Pacman

Great tune - very soulful,great vocals would do well in the UK. Very tasteful bass parts that build in the tune very well without being overdone.

In summary - stylie :)