1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Well?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by unclejam, Aug 10, 2007.

1. What will you do when you become what you and your family have despised?

2. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    A guitarist:D :help: ?

Well, I'm not sure. The context and more information would be helpful.

3. Sure.

4. hard to explain

5. I ain't goin' down that road.

6. I think I know were your coming from. If I'm right just be yourself. As long as you don't break law, don't hurt people and help out when you can, that's a good start.

I think it's unfair to live to someone elses expectations even if they are your parents and family.

Just be the best you can be, to yourself and to others.

You play bass, that's a fundamental part of being a good human. :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:

7. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    go into denial.

8. ok i think i figured out how to say this

say that you and your family despise ignorance.

but one night you find that you have beome that one thing you despise what do you do?

9. Matt_W

Matt_W

May 3, 2007
    Leeds, UK
    Well, it all depends on what you despise?

I'd guess you have to make a concious effort to change, unless you have become something you were taught to despise by narrow minded people, and it is not actually something that should be despised.

10. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    like I said, go into denial, and go to great lengths to change yourself (I have experience here).

11. owensea777

owensea777 Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    start drinking

12. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario

I immediately flashed back to a few weeks ago when my mom caught me blazing on the porch.

13. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    A black man without an afro? ;)

Just kidding man......

It depends on what it is. If it is something negative then re-evaluate whether or not it is really a bad thing and then either accept it or change.

14. Step back, look at the big picture. You probably now have an even better understanding of what you despise. Now you can say, been there, done that, not going back again. I've done some pretty ingorant things in my life and have learned from them :) Chalk it up to life!

15. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Good point, I despise people who do the same dumb crap I did when I was younger (hell all the way up to 30).

16. ok this is not about me this was derived from a thread that was just closed but the question need to be asked WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

17. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Not everybody here read through that thread, and you're still not being specific enough for us to accurately answer the question.

18. Agreed, I don't know what you're talking about. I hope no one did anything heinous like relicing a bass...........:bag:

19. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    UncyJam are you dating a white girl? ;)

It's only a guess, it's the only thread to get closed in the last few days :ninja:

If so right on, with enough interracial breeding we will eventually all be the same shade of brownish/grey and racism will be impossible!!!!!!!:p :p :p

20. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I'm watching South Park right now actually.