Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wha pedals??????

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Spoons, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Spoons

Spoons

Jul 26, 2004
    Dublin ireland
    I,m currently lookin to purchase a wha pedal for the beast. i,ll be using it with a boss odb 3.i've tried the cry baby and it either drowns out the dist or doesn't effect it enough,depending on what side it's on.has any body got any suggestions????????
    (for a sound reference think rage against the machine bass)

2. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Hmm.... well..... uh.... Tim actually uses bass crybaby, so I don't know what to tell you. I'm not sure what model he uses, I want to say the 105Q, so maybe try that. Or if you DID try that one, try the GCB.

3. Spoons

Spoons

Jul 26, 2004
    Dublin ireland
    Ahh..nuts.Thanks for the feedback anyway.

4. Spoons

Spoons

Jul 26, 2004
    Dublin ireland
    Q; if tim uses a cry baby, what other units did he use to get that sound.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Tims sound is complicated. Do a search in 'bassists' perhaps. its not simple, and good luck attempting to match his sound. He has hand wound pickups, a ghetto rigged amp setup..etc.

Tim uses the 105Q. I use the GCB-100 and it works ok. Not sure which is better, they are just different. The GCB is a wah where you rock back and forth on it, the 105Q has a spring so you step down and release to make it go back up. The GCB allows you to keep the wah pedal in one position and walk away and it wont go back up, insttead of having to keep your foot on it.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    WHA?!?!?! Pedals?!?! Wha you talkin' bout?!?

7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    :D

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Dont know why you had to stretch that into 2 posts..but...

:-/

9. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Yeah, his sound isn't easy to copy... and just adding a wah pedal probably isn't going to do it, unfortunately. :meh:

10. try putting a overdrive/distortion in front of the wah pedal, that will give your wah pedal a little more edge, like tim's wah. it works for me pretty well, i don't get the tim commerford wah sound, but i get a good sound anyway!

Charlie

11. He uses TWO 105Q's with a piece of wood duct-taped to the pedals so they rock in unison.