Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What a trip.....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by purfektstranger, Dec 15, 2005.

1. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Well....Brown showed up yesterday evening a little after 6:00 p.m. A was a little apprehensive to say the least but eight days and 2349 miles later (including a total of ten UPS arrival and departure scans) my bass arrived. The seller said it was a mint condition Geddy Lee that he had purchased six months ago. A guitarist by nature, he just couldn't warm to playing bass and needed the cash.

The bass looked reasonably packaged but the bottom corner of the box was a bit dented. Oh well fingers crossed I opened the box and then the hardshell case and what I found was literally a brand new geddy lee bass complete with case candy and all the trimmings. I chose to leave the bass alone overnight because it was cold when it arrived and this morning I got up an hour early to tune it and play. All I can say is wow......what a bass!! I know that as far as TB goes, unless I post some pics I didnt buy squat so tonight I will post a pic of the bass with his two brothers. UPS gets alot a grief....some of it justified, by this bass went from Lake Oswego, Oregon to Montreal (ground) and arrived in tact. Pretty impressive in my books.

2. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Finally a photo. Forgive my poor photography skills. From left to right:

85 Ibanez Roadstar
    05 Geddy Lee (the new one)
    95 Fender Jazz MIM

20 years of happiness....