1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What amp setup for both EBG and EUB?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by ElBajista, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    *X-posted to the EB Amp forums*

I'm looking for suggestions for heads and cabs (or combos!) that can accurately produce a Double Bass sound as well as a solid, warm non-scooped Bass Guitar tone. No sweat, right?:smug:

My Gear:
    I hope to someday soon get my hands on a Palatino EUB, and I currently play a pair of SX Jazzes, a 4-banger with Model J's and TI flats and a 5 string fretless. The 4 string is my main player.

My Gig:
    I mainly play in a Church situation, along with an acoustic guitar, grand piano, 15 person choir in a 900 seat Church. I don't need tons of wattage or volume, since I've managed nicely with my 100W B100R.

*side note: Anyone play DB or EUB with a B100R? Seems like it would be too middy for an accurate DB tone, but what do I know?*

My Tone:
    For EBG I love a warm, meaty, punchy tone with warm and clear but not clanky highs.

For EUB I just want it to sound like the quintessential DB tone, or as close to it as I can get with the Palatino. I see myself playing mostly with a bow (for the more traditional Baroque-style hymns). I've never played DB before, so I'll be starting completely fresh. (Any tips regarding EQing and whatnot would be greatly appreciated!)

Whatever I choose, I'm definitely going to buy used.

Fire Away!