1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What bass - Jazz Copy thin neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tapewound ted, Jan 17, 2012.

1. tapewound ted

tapewound ted

Jul 14, 2011
    Any idea country & decade of this bass?
    I have a bass I disassembled '88-'90ish that is supposedly an Asian Fender Jazz COPY. The nut is 1&5/16" ad the heel is just under 2&1/4 at the widest. It has only one pickup - a stacked white pickup in the middle position. the control plate has Vol,Treble(Hi),Bass(Low),Jack. The body is routed out from control pocket up to treble horn and a doughnut for pickups (thin route for the middle pickup but big route that looks like a HB could go just below the neck. The wood is a dark brown and the neck has non-adjustable dual truss rods. The Neck was anchored on with 4 huge screws and the chrome neck plate screwed into the neck as well with 4 long thin screws. Tug bar. Missing pickup cover. Bridge was replaced by previous owner with a Badass 2.

I am considering shaving a Mighty Mite fretless Ebonal neck to the original width (replace nut) and perhaps the same with a maple fretted Squier neck I have. Any thoughts on how Ebonal will react to a plane or sander?