What cab is this??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rolleharris, Mar 2, 2006.

1. rolleharris

Nov 10, 2002
    Falun Sweden

Anyone who knows something about it??
  2. hot pink and electric blue? looks like it came out of the 80's lol
  3. its a gallien krueger cab, thats all i can tell you
  4. wolfs

Jan 18, 2006
    I saw a GK like that--the neon stripes and lettering--in Midwest Buy and Sell (Chicago) mid-last year that was a 4x12. Huge sound... heavy beast, too. Can't tell you any more than that. You should email Gene or Dan at GK, they would be able to tell you more.
  5. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I have played thru one of those. My friend has one. It's an old (late 80's) GK 4x10. It's pretty compact for a 4x10 and sounds ok (pretty mid-rangy). It does not go real low from what I recall (good for 4 string in standard tuning, but not drop tunings or 5 stringers...).
  6. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Wow, its a rack mounted metal cab. Huh... :confused:
  7. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Maybe this one pictured above it a 4x12, not sure. THe one have I played that looked like this was a 4x10...
  8. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    rackmount cab. interesting. cheap way to a road case3? i dunno.

as far as the drivers, assuming from the poweramp above it that it is a 19" rack, those drivers cant be more than 8" to my eyes. Of course, if it is a 26 inch rack wideth, they could be 10's i guess.

my call is a GK 4x8 put out in the cheesy 80's, some time while i was trying to grow my tail longer and wearing my members only jacket. My god, the 80's.
  9. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    Looks like a 4x10 rackmountable :confused: cab from the 80's. Thats all I can say about that!
  10. I actually owned the 115 combo and extension cab from that short lived GK line back in the 80's... I believe it was called the 1200 series. I had begun my search that continues to this day for the best sounding small, light gear around. While that series was not well received (the amp section was a slight modification of the old 400 series amp), it was quite small, loud and light for its time. The cabs had a nice tilt back mechanism on the bottom and were 'interesting' for their time.