1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What can I do to practice slap?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by facepalmmaster, Jan 14, 2012.

1. facepalmmaster

facepalmmaster

Jan 4, 2012
    I have searched online, but I cant seem to find any good places to find practice that will help me speed up both the slapping and the popping (I don't know why, but that sounded very strange :p). Does anyone know where I can find something like that, or can someone say it here? I feel like I'm spending too much time trying to pop the string.

On a side note, this is just a random question, but I didn't want to make an entire thread for it, since it's yes or no. So, is there a squier owners club? I feel like I should have one of those number that're in everyones signatures :p.

2. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Alex Sklarevski Slap Bass Program - YouTube + a metronome + a lot of practice and patience is all you need.

and practicing slowly, incredibly slowly, perfectly, is how you get fast at it. Not by going as fast as you can.

3. Staccato

Staccato Low End Advocate

Aug 14, 2009
    Alabama
    There's some great SLAP threads in the Talkbass archives. If you spend an hour or more reading those threads, you'll be way ahead of the responses that will likely land in this thread, since it's been discussed in great detail-on TB in the past.

Click the TB search button, then click Advanced Search.

Enter the words slap technique, and be sure to Search Titles Only in the drop down menu-below that.