What can I get with U$S4000?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sebajo82, Sep 4, 2010.

1. sebajo82

sebajo82

Apr 1, 2009
    Buenos Aires
    Hi, I´m gonna sell my gear to get a bass more pro. I think that I´m gonna gather 4000 dollars. A good friend of mine is on tour in USA, and he will make me a favor. What kind of bass do you recomend? I play rock, funk, jazz, because are my styles, but always record to someone else in the studio, with others styles. I appreciate yours comments.

Cheers

From Argentina, Sebastian. ;)

2. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

Nov 27, 2007
    Saludos! Puedes considerar Warwick, MTD, Roscoe, ken smith en mi opinion! saludos desde Venezuela!

3. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - The Final Frontier.. Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    Go check out the classifieds here on TB. That will buy you a nice instrument, actually it will buy you a couple of very nice basses! (check my sig!)

4. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    You can get almost any bass you want for $4000.

What are you playing now, and what do you find lacking in your current equipment?

5. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    envy:mad:

6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Sebastián:

Con ese dinero puedes hacerte a un tremendo instrumento "custom", hecho 100% a tus especificaciones. Aunque no tengo experiencia directa con esos instrumentos, lo único que he leído son entusiastas elogios hacia el trabajo de tu paisano Daniel Fernández. Teniendo en cuenta que lo tienes tan cerca, pienso que puedes investigar más a fondo sobre sus instrumentos y eventualmente te ahorrarías un montón de dinero en transportes e impuestos.

Un saludo.

7. cassius987

cassius987 Inactive

Apr 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Don't blow that kind of money on a new instrument--try to pick up one or two quality used instruments and you'll get much further for your investment.

8. You can buy 20 SX basses:D

9. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I'd get :

a) Jazz ( used ) - Lakland, Fender MIA
    b) Precision ( used) - Lakland/Fender MIA/ Valenti,
    c) Stingray (used)
    d) Rickenbacker (used)

All of them are pro level used and have been used in gizillions of records.

Last thing I would do is buy a boutique or custom bass specially a brand new, I have done that in the past, believe me , gas will attack, you will sell your bass and u will lose a LOT of money.

10. Zitch

Zitch

May 12, 2010
    Akron, Oh
    Drooling at the thought of what I could do in the warwick custom shop with $4000. BTW don't let anyone here talk you out of what you want to do with your money, if you want to drop it all on one bass it your right, good luck and have fun.

11. Basshoofd

Basshoofd

Jan 14, 2009
    Netherlands
    Just remember that a more expensive bass doesn't have to equal a better bass. A regular Fender Jazz is 'pro' enough for most producers, anything more expensive is a personal choice usually.

That said, I'd get a nice jazz bass (Fender or Lakland) and maybe another bass for variation. The rest of the money can go to other things:D

12. traben182

traben182

Sep 5, 2010
    i would go with a new stingray but thats my opinion.

13. I would order a Marleaux Bass...

They are absolutely amazing and not as trendy as some other boutique basses...

My 5 string covers everything I ever need to do, live and in the studio...

Check em out seriously...

MARLEAUX BASSES

14. EBMM and a Fender Precison or Jazz.

Add an Ibanez SR500 or better to cover all the bases.

15. sebajo82

sebajo82

Apr 1, 2009
    Buenos Aires

hi, thanks for comment. I have a Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe V (1997), Aguilar Tone Hamer, Aguilar TLC Compressor.

cheers!

16. sebajo82

sebajo82

Apr 1, 2009
    Buenos Aires
    gracias bro! voy a consultarle sobre los costos de hacer un bajo con él. Un abrazo, y éxitos!

17. Warwick!! Corvette $$!!!

18. sebajo82

sebajo82

Apr 1, 2009
    Buenos Aires
    LOL :smug:

19. sadowsky J

20. Flintc

Flintc

Aug 15, 2006
    Alabama
    I agree that Daniel Fernandez does beautiful work, and his basses are well worth the money. But be aware you'll have up to a 2-year wait...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021