1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What Company?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cubeface, May 3, 2006.

1. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    Hello,
    First off, I know this is a guitar. :ninja:
    But, I was wondering if anyone knows what company made it.
    'Cuse I really like the shape/look of it and was thinking if maybe the company makes simulare basses. And through time I could try one out, etc.

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Cube

2. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    That is a Gibson S.G. (or a copy: there were /are stacks available). V. popular with the AC/DC bloke. Don't know if there was a bass version, but it wouldn't surprise me...

3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Basses with that shape are Gibson or Epiphone EBO, EB3.

4. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    Definitely SG-style, but I'd bet it's some kind of one-off or a copy. The bridge is set way too far forward to be a Gibson.

5. truckin88

truckin88

Oct 18, 2001
    Newburgh, NY
    it is a real Gibson SG, that is patrick stump from fallout boy, and that is what he plays,infact it is the custom, like angus young with 3 pickups. and gibson and epiphone make basses in that shape. and I think rondomusic might have a bass in that shape not sure on that though

6. TBalls

TBalls

Mar 18, 2005
    Boston
    My bad. Looks kinda strange in the picture for some reason. My guitarist would be ashamed of me. :crying:

7. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    There are basses like that (EB-0, EB-3) but not in that colour or with that pickup arrangement. Cause Gibson and Epi don't understand that white basses are cool.

8. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    i think that is really uncool that you had to post a picture of a geetar in this forum

that is a nice explorer btw :hyper:

i think the guitar player from judas priest played one and I have a bronco bass that kinda looks like that but mine is black

9. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    ESP makes 'em, check them out.