1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what did you guys think if the new beavis and butthead

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by tbird99, Aug 2, 2012.

1. tbird99

tbird99

Jun 29, 2012
    Dalton, Ga
    I thought it was funny and good but nothing like the old , the old seasons were much better , It seems like all they do is make fun of tv shows now

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    There's a new one? I thought the old one was bad enough....

3. acubass

acubass

Oct 10, 2007
    Albuquerque, NM
    I am glad it is back but I do not-not-not like that they show MTV reality show clips instead of music videos.

4. I don't like it either, but, to be fair, that's what MTV shows now - they don't play music videos anymore!

Aside from the change in the nature of their "commentary", it's like they were never away... :)

5. I think it works as a clever little stab at MTV in that respect :ninja:

6. Sijjvra

Sijjvra

Mar 31, 2009
    The old seasons were funnier to me, but that might be because I was 15 at the time and primed for that sort of humor. It's a nice bit of nostalgia, though.

7. basically this. I've seen every episode from the old season, and to be honest, I don't completely mind the shift from music videos to reality t.v. shows. That's all MTV plays now anyway, not that I watch. Actually, I haven't been keeping up with the new BnB episodes all that often, every so often I might go on to the MTV website and watch a couple episode, but that's it.

8. Given that there aren't music videos to make fun of, I'm happy that they make fun of the crappy reality TV shows, especially Jersey Shore.

9. I don't know, any time I do see a modern music video, there is quite a lot to make fun of!

10. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 17, 2010
    Houston Tx
    Owner/Builder @Hopkins Guitars
    I loved it, It took me back to when I was a kid. I hope they have plans for a new season.

11. I thought it was great, like they were never gone at all. And actually they do still do a few music videos here and there, but I find the Jersey Shore commentaries pretty dang funny in their own right!

12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I dont watch TV, especially MTV, anymore, unless I can find it on Netflix.

13. Semi-derail: I saw the *pilot* episode/whatever at an animation fest & a coworker looked VERY much like Beavis... memories :)
    Haven't seen the new ones yet.

14. +1 ;)

I loved the one with the werewolf :D

15. beavis-and-butt-head-werewolves-of-highlandcrying-season-9-2011-still-hobo-werewolf-3.

Women. Lemme tell ya about WOMEN!!