what do do in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by whatsinaname, Oct 9, 2004.

1. I gotta spend a week in Atlanta,GA for a training class, Oct 10 - 15. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to go and what to do at night after my classes, or should I just plan on eating pizza and drinking beer in my hotel room? I'll be staying in the Roswell area if that helps, or mayby that hurts?
    :help:

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    2 choices;

Drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log

Be in Atlanta Georgia, treated like a dirty dog

3. yeah man. Atlanta is not so bad...I lived there for 12 years.

For music, check the Creative Loafing music listings:
    http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/vibes_toc.html
    check out the Sound Menu.
    Clubs in the ATL I like for live music:
    Cotton Club (rock)
    Churchill Grounds (straight ahead jazz - great!)
    Smith's Olde Bar

small halls: Varitey Playhouse (it appears you are missing Vic Wooten by one day!)
    Fox Theatre
    Tabernacle

To eat - check out Nava (best margs and food), Sotto Sotto (great Italian), Mama Ninfa's and Nuevo Laredo for Mexican, South City Kitchen....Atlanta is a good food town, be sure and ask around. If you let me know where you are staying it will help.

You MUST go to Little 5 Points (not 5 Points) and have a drink at the Vortex. Decent bar food too, but Sotto Sotto is just down the road.

Also if you want to see some absolutely knock-out gorgeous women, go to the Midtown clubs - Cosmopolitan, Lava, 1130 (I think that's what it's called - right across the street from South City Kitchen). If you are outta there Friday, go Thurs. night.

I just noticed you said Roswell...ouch. That is suburbia. Depending on where in Roswell, it could be good or bad.

4. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I live in Roswell. I can't think of a whole lot for the tourist type though. Creative loafing is always good. Seeing how I am not old enough to drink and I don't have a car I just hang out with my friends. So I don't know any bars or places like that. Check out Little 5 Points though. Roswell may not have much but I'm just fine living here.

5. thanks for the tips, Peteroberts.
    I don't know anyone down here.'ll have to go exploring.
    peace and low notes,
    joe

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Get Krunk bloddy. :D

I caught a movie last time I went to Hotlanta.

7. little five points is pretty cool. vortex was OK, but i preferred the indian food down the street. for me it was just nice to be in a city again. living in meridian (small town) can get pretty oppressive sometimes.

there's also a bass gallery in midtown -- i think bassmonkee knows where it is. and if you can check out bassatlanta, you may as well do that, too.

robb.