what do do in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by whatsinaname, Oct 9, 2004.

1. I gotta spend a week in Atlanta,GA for a training class, Oct 10 - 15. Can anyone give me some ideas on where to go and what to do at night after my classes, or should I just plan on eating pizza and drinking beer in my hotel room? I'll be staying in the Roswell area if that helps, or mayby that hurts?
  2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    2 choices;

Drink muddy water, sleep in a hollow log

Be in Atlanta Georgia, treated like a dirty dog
  3. yeah man. Atlanta is not so bad...I lived there for 12 years.

For music, check the Creative Loafing music listings:
    check out the Sound Menu.
    Clubs in the ATL I like for live music:
    Cotton Club (rock)
    Churchill Grounds (straight ahead jazz - great!)
    Smith's Olde Bar

small halls: Varitey Playhouse (it appears you are missing Vic Wooten by one day!)
    Fox Theatre

To eat - check out Nava (best margs and food), Sotto Sotto (great Italian), Mama Ninfa's and Nuevo Laredo for Mexican, South City Kitchen....Atlanta is a good food town, be sure and ask around. If you let me know where you are staying it will help.

You MUST go to Little 5 Points (not 5 Points) and have a drink at the Vortex. Decent bar food too, but Sotto Sotto is just down the road.

Also if you want to see some absolutely knock-out gorgeous women, go to the Midtown clubs - Cosmopolitan, Lava, 1130 (I think that's what it's called - right across the street from South City Kitchen). If you are outta there Friday, go Thurs. night.

I just noticed you said Roswell...ouch. That is suburbia. Depending on where in Roswell, it could be good or bad.
  4. fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    I live in Roswell. I can't think of a whole lot for the tourist type though. Creative loafing is always good. Seeing how I am not old enough to drink and I don't have a car I just hang out with my friends. So I don't know any bars or places like that. Check out Little 5 Points though. Roswell may not have much but I'm just fine living here.
  5. thanks for the tips, Peteroberts.
    I don't know anyone down here.'ll have to go exploring.
    peace and low notes,
  6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Get Krunk bloddy. :D

I caught a movie last time I went to Hotlanta.
  7. little five points is pretty cool. vortex was OK, but i preferred the indian food down the street. for me it was just nice to be in a city again. living in meridian (small town) can get pretty oppressive sometimes.

there's also a bass gallery in midtown -- i think bassmonkee knows where it is. and if you can check out bassatlanta, you may as well do that, too.