1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you describe as a "Bad playing day"?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Cole Louis Allar, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Cole Louis Allar

Cole Louis Allar

Dec 25, 2015
    For me, I describe bad playing days as not being able to get a single song i play on point in terms of picking and fretting hand accuracy. that frustrates me beyond all hell. But i did start the practice session "Trying to play a song differently" than what i usually do. Longview by green day. After that, my fretting and picking hand would not stop messing up lol maybe just cuz i tried practicing something new before everything else. Ive noticed that happens after i try to learn a new song which is why i try to save learning new songs for the last half hour of practice. So what do you guys describe as a "Bad playing day" for you?

2. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    A day I don't get to play

3. Cole Louis Allar

Cole Louis Allar

Dec 25, 2015
    lol yes thats even worse! Haven't had one of those days yet

4. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Full time job. Wife and three kids. Basketball Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Saturday Sunday.

Happens more often then I would like. Even though I just got a new 5 string and I need to practice lol. Kicking my ass the extra string and the smaller string spacing is!

dalkowski likes this.
  5. On stage and can't remember how my lines go lol, my notes on the floor weren't helping, it was like looking at an encoded message. It was kinda a last minute gig but I leave no room for excuses. I got thru it, and got off stage and was complimented for my playing. I didn't feel good at all.

Everyone a rough night that night. Drummer was late on stage, singer sung the same lyrics over two completely different riddims (first song was supposed to be an instrumental but he was on stage keeping the crowd irie till the drummer got the memo.

Gotta love live music.

GKon likes this.
  6. avvie

avvie

Oct 12, 2010
    Maui, HI
    Shooting at the guitar player and missing.

DreadyDiggs likes this.
  7. Today.

My hands are dry, cracked and aching because I spent yesterday sanding down a new bass build. I don't believe in orbital sanders. I can barely pluck a note.

8. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Mondays while physically resting from Sunday gigs

9. when my fingers miss the string & hit the frets.....

10. GKon

GKon Supporting Member, Boom-Chicka-Boom

Feb 17, 2013
    Queens, NY
    When I just can't seem to land a finger or plectrum picking part that I've nailed a million times before,
    or when I can't sing and play a certain passage that I've done a hundred times before.

I particularly have the problem singing and playing the bass line to "La Bamba". I've nailed it a hundred times,
    but then I've not nailed it another hundred. When I play it live, I get all nervous about it. :)

OP, please be aware of the various categories on the forum that you can post topics. It seems that you post
    almost everything in "Bassists". I would think this particular question would be more properly placed in
    "Miscellaneous".

11. Mantis Tobaggan

Mantis Tobaggan Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2015
    Tampa, FL
    If I hit more than one bad note during a practice or gig.

12. jonnybass1

jonnybass1

Dec 9, 2011
    Brampton, On
    I had one recently. I was playing Folsom prison which we have been playing for a year or so in the set list with no problems and the drummer was on perfectly and I couldn't get my bass line to match up with him. It pi$$ed me off and the whole rest of the practise I was off...until the last 20 min or so lol. That was what I call a bad day.

13. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    They exist. I have seen them. I have seen them in my own garage even. (couldn't resist)

14. There are only two kinds of days: good days and days I don't play.