Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by r6mile, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Hi everybody. I've been playing bass for 8 months but I just joined this forum. I have a band and we play Guns N Roses, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aerosmith, that kind of stuff.
    I'm 15 and I didn't have a lot of money so I bought this bass starter-pack for 200 €:

SX SJB-62 (copy of a Fender Jazz Bass)
    SX BA-1565 (15W amplifier) which i only use to practice with my band, but in concerts I use the 400W Crater school's amp.
    Belcat Tuner
    Strap, gig bag, cable, and all that other stuff.

Do you think this was a good deal?

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Sounds cool to me. I think a Jazz Bass style instrument is a great choice. IMO/IME the 15 watt amp will be fine for practicing at home, but it may not have enough volume for practicing with your friends. Be careful not to push it too hard. I think if your friends can keep their volumes at a low level, I'll probably be o.k. until you can afford a combo amp with a bit more power.

Welcome to TB and have fun with your new setup.

-Art

3. OK thx. In the band we all use 15W amps and we think it's alright for now (i don't push it too hard, i usually keep it at half the volume) so until i get more money i think i'm gonna keep it.

Lol the setup isn't new, I bought it 8 months ago but i just joined this forum.