1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you think of the Traben 5 string? experts needed.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by parklife101, Aug 31, 2008.

1. parklife101

parklife101

Jun 5, 2008
    I mostly play rock, and metal. I also love to play funk and slap and pop along with a lot of tapping. I was wondering if the traben 5 string would be able to accommodate my needs? Note that I learned how to slap and pop on a four string ibanez p bass so I could adjust. I love the looks of it, giving it a devious metal look with the design and bridge, but at the same time not going overboard. I tried it at a GC yesterday, and it sounded OK. The battery seemed to be dying in the bass and the amp wasen't the best so my test wasen't perfect. The price is also a big plus, any advice? experiences? suggestions? I am planning on getting a red one of these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Traben-Array-Limited-5S-5-String-Bass-104292370-i1147522.gc