Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kidikarus-jay, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Kidikarus-jay

Kidikarus-jay

Feb 20, 2005
    hey, new to the site, just wanted to post my gear and see wut u think. i have a fender highway1 p-bass, with a yorkville 400 xs combo with a ampeg BSE410H, i came onto a bit of money and purchased all this (always wanting to play bass) and now im in a few local bands. since ive been playing some gigs ive been noticing some strange noises coming from my 410. nothing serious, but jsut enough to bg me while i play. someone had tried to glue back on the foam ring around the cone and it was flapping against the speaker, i removed that but im still getting some sound. now ive checked all the possible problems other that that, rips in the cone or somthing loose in the cab but turned up with nothing. n e suggesgtions? also have i maxed out the power of my head? thanx in advance any help would be great. :bassist:

2. Kidikarus-jay

Kidikarus-jay

Feb 20, 2005
    hmmm... no help i see.. anyone???

3. Is a description of the noise possible? This may help narrow it down. This thread may see more traffic in the "amps" forum.

Aside from that, welcome to Talk Bass.

Mike

4. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Sorry, what foam ring are you talking about?

As far as maxing out your head...possibly. Maybe the weird sound is either your amp starting to distort or your speakers straining.

How loud do you play?

:)

Joe.

5. Kidikarus-jay

Kidikarus-jay

Feb 20, 2005
    well it sounds like its almost bottoming out, but i know its not. i wil have my gain at half and volume at a quarter and ill hear the sound. cant really describe i more than that, i never play loud at all, about half of what i can go max usually

6. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    What is your EQ set at?

Believe it or not, it makes a huge difference. If the lows are boosted even though you may not be that loud you may be using up all your available power.

:)

Joe.