1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what do you think?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gary5, Aug 12, 2007.

1. gary5

gary5

Aug 12, 2007
    Florida
    just been asked to play bass (after all these years) in a 3 pc group...congas,guitar,bass...have no gear besides my P-bass which has been collecting dust under my bed...thinking about using a mackie 8085PA mixer for a head...maybe pick up a Hartke 4 10 cabinet...mostly playing small rooms...trying to save some cash...think that would work?...the mackie is 800 watts...any other ideas besides calling me stupid?

2. John Wentzien

John Wentzien

Jun 25, 2007
    Elberta, AL
    Artist:TC Electronic RH450 bass system (original test-pilot)
    Why not trade the Mackie for a nice combo amp?

3. JonathanD

JonathanD

Dec 13, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I think the hartke and mixer may not be your best bet. I would say almost any other brand than hartke with no preamp.
    Otherwise I think that will be fine... really when people run out of a DI to the FOH thats the signal they hear.
    Jonathan

4. gary5

gary5

Aug 12, 2007
    Florida
    can't do....use it in my main act...acoustic guitar and vocal...bass gig is a side thing

5. gary5

gary5

Aug 12, 2007
    Florida
    any suggestions on cabinets? I've got a couple of peavy HV115 cabinets...full range with a 15"...how about one of those with a 2 10 cabinet on top?