1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what EUB closest to AcURB soundwise?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by bluesdogblues, Sep 7, 2008.

1. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    what EUB in the market that closest to Acoustic URB (Jazz Style) soundwise?
    I never use any EUB but always interested to.

Thank You

2. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    I like the eminence bass.

3. BigBeatNut

BigBeatNut

Apr 10, 2006
    London, UK
    For me, the answer was the BSX Allegro Acoustic.

I didn't get a chance to try any Azolas, but I did try NS (WAV and CR) Eminence, Bassix, Palatino, and few more (I think there was an Aria in there, probably a Yamaha Silent bass too). The BSX was the one that made me say, 'yeah, that's it'

Andy

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    My friend's Eminence, strung with Garbos, was pretty damn close in the mix of a quartet.

5. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    Eminence with Garbos, med to high action sounds closest to my ears.

6. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    3 eminence + 1 BSX Alegro So far, thank you. I need another opinion some more please..

7. BSX with Helicore orchestras.

8. Basso Musico

Basso Musico

Mar 10, 2006
    Boston, MA USA
    Former Endorsing Artist: AlterEGO instruments
    AlterEGO, both the Acoustic line and the babyEGO line. In my opinion they most closely approximate the sound of a double bass through an amplifier - which is what we are dealing with on most gigs anyway. They also feel very, very much like the "real" thing.
    Best, Rick

9. daHammer

daHammer

Oct 25, 2005
    New York, NY
    I play an Eminence strung with medium Corellis, with a fairly low action. I find the amplified sound almost indistinguishable from a similarly amplified high quality plywood bass.

10. DHoss

DHoss

Nov 23, 2005
    CT
    It has done the job strung with Spiro Reds and with Corelli lights in gigs ranging from duo to big band. I am pleasantly surprised that it continues to elicit favorable comments both on its sonic and visual qualities.

11. igor kondur

igor kondur

Jul 28, 2004
    NYC
    AlterEgo babyEGO line:)
    with Velvet Compass 180-sounded like mid 50's Ellington's DB