1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What grit sandpaper for rev solo II?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by LeoSash, Mar 14, 2013.

1. LeoSash

LeoSash

Feb 13, 2012
    So i finally got myself a rev solo II pickup and as expected, its too large to fit in my bass. So i read the instructions and it said to sand it, but i'm wondering, does it matter what grit sandpaper to use? i'm thinking maybe fine or very fine grit, but im a little unsure about it.

2. I don't think it matters, except as a question of time. Just don't sand the side with the logo.

3. powerbass

powerbass Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    My bridge had very a narrow space so I modified my bridge instead to fit my RII. I also use a paper shim to ensure the PU is held in w/proper tension.

4. Adagio

Adagio

Jul 21, 2011
    Quebec City
    The RS is made out of spruce right? Can't go wrong with a piece of 120 and 220. If you want to be extra careful then start with the latter then switch to 120 I you want to speed things up.

5. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Make sure that you use a sanding block or functional equivalent so that you get a nice flat surface.

6. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    I never modify the pickup, I always modify the bridge. YMMV

7. powerbass

powerbass Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2006
    western MA
    Another reason to choose this route is you can resell the PU if it is unmodified