Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What happened to Josh Paul?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by carl-anton, May 3, 2004.

1. Any info on this guy? I really liked his tone and work on Suicidals "Free your mind and save my soul". I know he has toured with Kelly Osbourne, and then stopped doing that. What else?

2. Sprudellio

Sprudellio

Oct 16, 2002
    Germany
    He's probably back at doing session work again.
    I really like "Free your soul ...and save my mind", too.

3. Ok thanks :) Say, is the other ST records he played on just as good? I have a feeling they're not. Think Mike Clark contributes alot to their songwriting, allthough he holds low profile playingwise.

4. Sprudellio

Sprudellio

Oct 16, 2002
    Germany
    It's nice, too, but I like "Free your soul.." better. It's got more of funk feeling to it, whereas Freedumb seems to be more of a punk thing, especially drum-wise. You can expect more stuff like "Animal" on Freedumb.
    But then again, there are tracks like "Scream out" and "Halfway up my head" where Josh just rips it up.
    To conclude, bass-wise, both are great, but I like the songs on "Free your soul..." better.
    Supposedly the Infectious Grooves album with him is also very good, but I don't have that one.

This might also be of interest:
    http://archive.bassplayer.com/z2001/0101/paul.shtml

5. Thanks again! I'll check out "Freedump". I've already read the interview, but thanks anyway.

I also like their more funky/melodic work better. "The art of revolution" is my favorite, but although Trujillo was a hero for me back in the days, I think I prefer JP's sound better. It's full and meaty where RT's could be a little clanky and not so bassy.

:)