what head???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jun 18, 2004.

1. hey guys..

i'm selling my rig to go to just a head/210/115 set up

I was wondering what head will be the best for my style

I play everything from Jam band stuff (Phish,Umphreys Mcgee,Dead'ish)....all of the mentioned bands use Eden

Rock stuff (Switchfoot'ish)

solo bass shows (wooten,jaco,miller style)

and dance/trance jam style (STS9,Disco Biscuits,Particle)

so what head would best suit my needs? I want something with a nice articulate/fat sound, but has lots o' balls and power behind it...
  2. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    You're gonna want to try it all out if possible. I trust amp descriptions even less than bass descriptions.

Hate to say this, but don't go with Carvin....half of my poweramp is fizzling in and out, probably just a solder but still...

Try the Mesa stuff tho, IMO it's real fat sounding, with excellent build quality.
  3. yah Carvin isn't even on my list (although I LOVE their power amps...weight aside)

I'm thinking...

Eden,Ashdown,Ampeg,Mesa,EA Iamp,Thunderfunk something around those lines...I plan on using this for a long time so I want quality.
  4. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    The iAmp 800 will do everything you require reliably and it only weighs 19 lbs. ;)
  5. SWR WORKINGMANS 8004 T/O/P...nice, chunky, powerful, best tone ever..lol, pure solid state goodness, none of this tube garbage :D :p ....i hope to get mine in a few months