1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is the difference here?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by seedokebass, Mar 30, 2009.

1. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I bought a GK 4x10 Neo cab a few months back at GC, and I see on their website and Musician's Friend there is another GK Neo 410... but its $150 cheaper? The descriptions are identical, and nothing seems to be different! :eyebrow:

Neo 410 (what I have currently)
    http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-Neo410-4-x-10-Bass-Cabinet?sku=482089

Neo410
    http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend...eo-410-4-x-10-Bass-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=580276

Is the first cab made in the US and the second cab an import? I would check mine, but its at my rehearsal studio :)

2. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    umm... nothing?
    one has a space in the name?

3. There is ten pounds difference in the stated weight....Maybe MF is selling them by the pound!

4. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I did notice that... its just very puzzling to me unless I'm looking right at something that is an obvious difference.

It's a curse of the males in my family... we can look for something for a long time when its right in front of us :rolleyes:

Thanks lbwdog! Proof of my curse!

5. One's lighter.

6. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    So $150 more for 10 extra pounds of speaker cab?

What am I missing here?

7. $15 a pound?

8. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    I wasn't expecting so much math humor tonight :smug:

Regardless, the cab is decent, although I just noticed its rated sensitivity... a bit lower than I expected.

9. I think G-K revamped some of their Neo line in the past few months but not sure if the 4x10 was included.
    This may be a closeout price at MF too.
    G-k website has the cab at 68 lbs. also.