1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What pickups should i buy??

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by LaurenDaBassist, May 17, 2011.

1. LaurenDaBassist

LaurenDaBassist

May 17, 2011
    I'm purchasing my first DB next month for jazz playing but I would just like to know what the best pickups are out there. I have worked with fishman pickups, and to be honest I'm not really a fan. I really want to get the best pickups possible and any advice would be very appreciated :)

2. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    First strings, now a pickup? :) That's okay, but you would do yourself a service by pulling up a chair, doing a few targeted searches, and spending a few hours reading. There is no single pickup that is good for all. There are some favorites around here. You'll quickly discover what they are by doing some homework.

Welcome to TB. :)

Please fill out your profile.

Where do you live? What bass are you buying? In what context(s) have you "worked with" Fishman pickups?

Read, read, read, read, read. :)

3. LaurenDaBassist

LaurenDaBassist

May 17, 2011
    Thanks for the advice!
    I've been looking online for about a week now and i really just didn't know where to turn! I live in the mid west and I'm purchasing an Eastman bass with laminate sides and a wood carved front. Still talking to the supplier that is ordering this for me and I don't know if it's a model 90 or 95. (Hoping 95!) I currently play with a BP-100 and I've had way to many problems with it to ever purchase it. The clips always fall off, which is why I want to make sure I can find a pickup that attaches very well. Another problem was the pickup shorting out and getting a very messy and brassy sound! I want something very sturdy. Thinking a full circle fishman? But i really dont know!

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    When I got my new bass, it seemed like an opportune time to try out a Full Circle, as I was loath to modify my bridge. My luthier had the FC in stock, and he installed it for me. The fact that it will never go anywhere was a consideration in my choice. I'm happy with it.

5. iiipopes

iiipopes Supporting Member

May 4, 2009
    For the price, a Full Circle is a good starting point.

6. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    Buy them all and keep the one you like ON YOUR bass. Really. Buy the Full Circle first though.