1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What setting youre use on your MXR M-80?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by P_HAT, Oct 5, 2008.

1. P_HAT

P_HAT

Sep 4, 2008
    Ukraine
    Ah, too many knobs, i can roll them forever :bassist::confused:Pls, give me some ideas guys :help:

I use it with old passive p-syle ibanez.

2. qball26

qball26

Feb 5, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    I use the suggested "ROBERT TRUJILLO / OZZY OSBOURNE IN-LINE SETTINGS" as stated in the manual.

3. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    It's hard to tell without knowing what kind of bass you have. Also, my eq settings on it change quite often depending one what I need to record, As far as distortion, I highly recommend you don't have blend past half way same for the gain or it just sounds like crap.

Edit

I find 2/3 bass 1/2 mid 1/2 treble with color switch on to be quite nice.

4. P_HAT

P_HAT

Sep 4, 2008
    Ukraine
    I have Ibanez Roadstar II, simply p-style pickups.
    I use 12'o clock setting on amp.

I play random music, just for fun, from classic rock to industrial cuz now i'm not in band.

5. (b)Assman

(b)Assman

Jun 22, 2008
    Champaign, IL
    What kind of sound are you trying to get. really only 3 knobs (all labeled clearly) and that fun switch. I wouldn't even both with the distortion really.

6. Sliza

Sliza

Feb 7, 2009
    Is that a distorted sound?

7. moose23

moose23

Dec 27, 2007
    Builder Moose23 Electronics
    For distortion I've it set at:

Treb: 7/8 o'c
    Mid: 5 o'c
    Bass: 3/4 o'c

Blend: 12/1 o'c
    Distort: 2 o'c

Rarely use it clean since I got a VT.

8. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    UK
    The EQ I leave flat and then adjust to taste depending on the room and what the sound guy wants. On the distortion I put the blend between 10:00 and 11:00 and the gain between 08:00 for light grind to 2:00 for fuzz.

What does the manual mean by “IN-LINE SETTINGS” ? Does that mean it’s not the DI but just a pedal on the board ?