1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What should my next phone be?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by duo8675309, Nov 18, 2006.

1. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    Last Friday I lost my Verizon RAZR and I can't find it anywhere. I've called all the shops that I went to that day and everything. So tommorow we're going to go to the places I went and look for it, and if we still can't find it then my aunt (I live with her) is going to get me a new phone because she doesn't want me without a cell phone. And she's going to get me the one I want. I know, I'm spoiled. :) But which one should I get? I kind of like the Chocolate, but I kind of don't. And I'm seriously considering the KRZR. BUT I kind of want the V Phone so I can text people really easily. What do you guys think I should get?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    [​IMG]

3. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I tried that one time. one thing that helps: have another person. Also i find that you can't tape one can to a TV and here it through the other

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Did you tape it to the speaker or to the monitor?

5. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    The speaker. Lol I'm not that dumb.

:bag:

The problem was that i couldn't get enough tension in the rope without it coming off, and if i put too much tape on the can it drowns out the sound.

6. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    1) Use GOOD tape.

2) You tie the rope to something like a toothpick so it stays in the hole. Maybe even a small nail.

7. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    I tied it in a knot at the end so it wouldn't come out. And I used duct tape too. BUT the screen for the speakers was that soft mesh fabric so it wouldn't stick very well. :bawl:

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Inactive

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Oh. Then your TV sucks. :p

9. duo8675309

duo8675309

Jun 5, 2005
    52" Mitsubishi 1080HD.

Nuh uh!:crying:

EDIT: Funny thing is that I didn't even know it was HD until after a year of having it. Its the living room TV, and my 360 had been upstairs on my sucky little tv until I was reading the TV for some weird reason and noticed it said HD. Needless to say I now game downstairs. :D

10. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    OK, so I'm kind of a phone geek. I have had many phones and reprogrammed most of them (flashed new OS, seem edits, compiling firmware). I am assuming by your potential choices that you have verizon. The thing you need to realize is that Verizon phones all have the same interface (pretty much) so a RZR V3m looks like a Chocolate and that looks like the V etc. So what you are basically looking for is the physical form factor since the os is VERY much standard.

I have the LG vx9800 (The V) and I really dig it, it has stereo speakers, can do mp3's and video, has a vibrant display, games are 3d and decent (think older gameboy) and has a decent camera/video recorder with a flash. With a 2GB mem card you can store a bunch of music, ringtones, pics and converted movies ( 4 or 5 on a 2GB). It's a multimedia machine.

If you can convince her, go for a Audiovox vx-6700. It's a windows mobile 5.0 PDA/phone, badass, I'm getting one soon ($200 or so on EvilBay).

Also, no matter what phone you get, go to www.howardforums.com to get full functionality out of your phone, this site will teach you how to really make your phone soar (it also uses the same software as TB so it looks the same). Check out www.phonescoop.com as well, a great site for comparing phones and their features.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me, John

11. steve21

steve21 Inactive

I also have The V, I agree that it rocks.

12. Jeff Martinez

Jeff Martinez

May 10, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I just got the Samsung a-930 a few weeks ago. I love it. It has all the functionality of the KRZR, but costs a little bit less. It also can take videos and has mp3 capability.

Any way you go, I highly recommend spend the few bucks per month on the insurance. I've had to use it, and I'll never go without it.

13. I second the VX-9800. That phone rocks. Especially if you like to text.

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I wouldn't go with the insurance. Even though some end up having to use it the odds are that you won't have to use it as only a small percentage of people use it (otherwise it would cost mor). Then you just spent almost $150 anyway over the course of a 2 year contract. The benefit that you MIGHT incur (but probably won't) is small. If anything happens to my phone I'll either buy one on Ebay at a minimal cost or just go back to my old phone for free until my new every 2 is up again. YMMV.

bc

15. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    The 9800 looks cool. I have the VX-8300 amd I really like it. Lots of neat hacks out there for it and it has good features for a non-smartphone. I mainly chose it because it had good reviews for signal strength. It's true! It beats the snot out of my old tri-band VX6100 even though it's digital only. Even when it shows 1 bar or no bars as long as you have any kind of signal the sound quality is awesome.

I also have enjoyed making my own ringtones from mp3's using Audacity. Sound quality is very good considering those little speakers.

bc