1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What should the plumber play?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Outbush, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Outbush

Outbush

Nov 6, 2016
    Australia
    We have plumbing issues and there is nothing for it but to fix the problems. Options? House sot-of breaks in the middle and sinks into the mud.

Luckily, modern plumbing techniques have come to our rescue and made the job much, much cheaper than it would have been even a few years ago. (And we can't even curse the builder as he's our lead guitarist and a lovely bloke to boot.) Nup; just plain old bad luck.

So we accepted the quote. How much you ask? Well, about a Zon VB5, a Mesa D800+ and a good way to a 115.

So the question is this; should I be advising the plumber on his range of purchase options or should I let him make his own mind up?

2. I’m not sure I understand why you are advising the plumber.
    Is this you telling him how to do his job or what materials he should use?

General advice that applies to any home repairs:

Have the plumber advise you of all options.
    Make sure you understand what he is saying.
    Get quotes for each option.

Then unless you absolutely trust plumber #1 find another plumber or two to get second opinions/quotes.

3. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    NW Mass/SW VT
    OGB, here's your Harrumph.

Outbush, The problem with advising your plumber what expensive bass gear they should buy with your money, that's become their money, is that they might be a drummer, or guitar player, or perhaps just yearning for a bass saxophone. Then again, they may simply want to have Foster's deliver a lorry full and come back in a few weeks to take the empties away.

4. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

don't do it.

Outbush likes this.
  5. THUNDERGODX

THUNDERGODX

Mar 29, 2006
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????:eek:?????????????????????????

6. PLEASE keep business separated from pleasure. Just let him repair the plumbing then move on. There may be other motives from plumber. Sorry, I don't trust too many people