What the.....?

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by Steve Bassman, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Steve Bassman

Steve Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 3, 2003
    Tampa Bay, FL
    What do you make of this:

Wierd EUB on eBay

Was it designed by Salvador Dali? Should I have posted this under "Bass Humor"?

- Steve

My web page
  2. mikjans

Dec 17, 2003
    Uppsala, Sweden
    This bass is made by the Jisheng Co. in China:

Don´t know what it´s like to play it. but the Henry Moore meets George Jetson kind of design is... uhm... interesting....

I´ve seen it sold also under the name Sojing, FWIW.

3. I actually bought the full size double bass version of this one, not the 3/4, and you'd be surprised how smooth it is to play. It's large and a bit heavy and some might say that would defeat the purpose of an EUB, but as I'm 6'4", it has a good anchor feel, which I prefer. It sounds killer through my rig (Ampeg SVT-4 Pro amp with 4X10 and 2X15 cabs). Very versatile sound, from acoustic doghouse to electric bass tone. Great for playing in a Big Band Swing orchestra. Works for me and real fun to play.
  4. It has been a while since you posted about your Julliards bass.
    I was wondering if you were still of the same opinion? I am thinking about getting one, as I play in a blues band and would like to add a EUB to my arsenal.............most clubs and bars I play in have little, or no, stage to speak of. The thin profile appealed to me.........
    How does it hold up to useage.....
    how would you describe the tone and playability.