what to do when...

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Jun 19, 2004.

1. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i wotn got into how it happned. lets just say riot, similar to that of a guns n roses/axl rose incited kind of thing.

anyway, ive got a warwick infinity std. all of the knobs (volume, pickup, and high on top of low eq) all rotate 360 degress when they shouldnt and they all come off. how do i fix this if you know? thanks.
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    you're pretty much gonna have to replace the pots. There is a stop in the pots that probably is not catching properly. Replacement is probably the only option.
  3. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Did you try tightening them (usually with an allen wrench or a flathead)?
  4. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    im gonna have a guy look at it today. ill tell him of both things and see what he says. on average how much will it cost to replace the pots? and do you think i should send an e-mail to warwick and ask them?

thanks for the help though yall.
  5. Yes, email warwick and see what they will charge. Then look at some other options such as Control Pots

Many other companies carry parts also, just ask when you decide what you will need to purchase!

6. Did you try this suggestion? From what you were describing (how the knobs turn and come off) , it sound more like the knobs are only loose on the pots instead of all the pots needing replacement...
    Personally, I've never had any pot that broke and turned freely like you were describing..

7. pc

Apr 4, 2000
    Montreal QC

me neither... it really looks like a losse knob problem
  8. I had that problem with my p/up blend pot (turning all the way around), a good tightening seemed to fix it.