1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What to do with my broken amps.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lckednloaded, May 5, 2010.

1. Lckednloaded

Lckednloaded

Mar 27, 2010
    So I recently got burned on a deal. I am not stuck with one but two broken Madison E-600s. The first amp was described as only needing filter cabs but it needed much, much more when I received it. The guy I bought it from was selling 4 of them so after doing so pushing I got him to send me another one. I immediate put this one in the shop after seeing this one was not nearly completely disassembled with transistors broken visible to the naked eye. I talked to the other day and he knows the output transducers are bad, probably all 8 of them but is not sure what else is wrong with it and can't continue without the schematics. I have been unable to reach Madison to get the schemtics and am now thinking I might just cut my losses. I can't pawn them off on anyone else and they aren't worth throwing any considerable money at. I initially bought it to use as a 600 watt power amp, bypassing the preamp section with my sansamp. I can trust my SWR SuperRed Head so now what do I do with the junk? Mail them back to the guy labeled as paper weights?

2. Why spend the postage, unless you get your money back, in which case, send them back. Otherwise, pm me and I'll give you the name of a guy in Boulder, Colorado who will fix them and stand behind it.

3. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    If it were me, I'd find out how much $$$ a good, working Madison E-600 is worth, then find out how much it would cost you to get them fixed up. This would be with the intent of selling them off, of course. Either that or sell them for whatever you can get for them and cut your losses. :( Good luck.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    You can donate them and take a tax deduction.