1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What would you do with a time machine?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SpectorBass308, Jul 17, 2007.

1. I would go back in time and convince Victor Wooten to play drums. Not sure why but I think it would be funny. heck he would proibly be a drum legend. Or maybe I might just win the lotto like 3 times in a row, I dono.

2. Go back to this past Friday so I could have booked my damn Plane Tickets and not have forgotten.

3. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Final Countdown was a great time travel movie.

I think I would rather go forward in time than backward. Oh, except to invest a few dollars in Microsoft. That would be worth one trip back. ;)

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I would do what all super villians do when they create something that could legally make them powerful, wealthy, and famous: rob a bank!

5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I told you that you should get onto that!!

6. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    go back in time and create Fenders... :oops:

7. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Easy. I'd rent it out to other people and make big bucks off of it. Of course, they could come back and take their money, I think...

My eight grade US History teacher once raised this issue in class. He said he would go back to the middle ages, like Medieval times, and bring bar-ba-que sauce with him. Why? So he can sell it to the king, who would be ALL OVER IT. My teacher then would be quite wealthy.

Honestly, I haven't thought of a better way of getting rich that didn't involve Microsoft stock.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Go buy a newspaper from one year in the future and come back. The stock prices would be very useful.

9. +1 You read my mind. Stock prices and lotto numbers.

10. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Or he'd just have you boiled alive and take the sauce from you.

11. I'd kill Charles Dickens.

12. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Let's face it :meh: , there never will be such thing as a "Time Machine" that allows travel into the distant past :scowl: .

How can I be so sure? :meh:

Well, if there was, we'd know about it by now, as people would have come back and told us :smug: . Wouldn't they ...?

13. Bluesdog

Bluesdog

Apr 24, 2006
    Gold Coast

Maybe they would tell us, . . . . . .but would we listen ?:D

14. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    They know not to interfere with the past, because that would lead to serious trouble in the future (their present time). I see you have a Simpson's quote in your signature, haven't you seen the "Treehouse of Horrors" episode in which Homer goes back in time with the toaster...;)

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You can't do anything in the past that you haven't already done in the past. Basic logic of time travel.

16. Buzzgroove

Buzzgroove

Apr 11, 2007
    Scotland
    Go back and show the younger me what I look like now, tell him that unless he starts excersising when he gets to 25 he too will start to turn into a fat git.

17. I forget who said it originally, but time isn't a constant, we just apply "rules" to it to make it seem that way, or man would drive itself mad. Kinda why everyone's perception of time is so different when recalling things, or what have you...

But yeah, I don't think it's possible anyway, you could never go back, and I seriously doubt forward, if maybe only for minute spans (nanoseconds or whatever)

But hypothetically, I would have stopped a certain W from being conceived. :smug:

Ooops, took it too far.

18. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :smug: Have I seen it ??????????????? :D

That's probably my very favourite episode (Top 3, at least ;) )!

Especially, the "Remember what your father told you the night before your wedding"? bit. :p

You gotta love The Simpsons! Can't wait to see the new movie, btw. ;)

19. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    I'd go back to see Jamerson, Jaco, Wetton era Crimson, Genesis with Gabriel and many other bands in concert.

Some stock in Microsoft would be good too.

20. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Ill go back in time andkill Murphy, no more Murphy laws... most of today society problems would be solved (or would have never existed???:D)...