whats a Fieldy click?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    I keep hearing people rip on this guy about some sort of clicking noise he makes with his bass?? I have never heard him, does anyone have some clips of these CLICKS?? and does his CLICKS really get on peoples nerves, or do people just hate his playing??? :meh:
  2. Download "falling away from me" by them.
  3. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Fieldy uses ALOT of treble in his tone - so much that they actually mic his horn in the studio. He sucks out all the mids and boosts the bass as well, giving him somewhat of a bass drum sound. The clicks you are hearing are a result of his tone and his playing style; he plays like a drummer, so you hear lots of fret noise.

I think it's cool, actually.
  4. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Ok, I seen stuff about him in the year I've been here, but never thought to ask.... Who is Fieldy and for whom does he play?
  5. me too
  6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    korn man...
  7. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Oh, those guys....uhmmm. Kinda neutral about them....
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    same here... they have a couple songs I can listen too, I'm not a fan of the style though. His playing / sound fits the band IMO

I think Korn has a video or 2 on www.launch.com

I'm locking this thread because the questions have been answered and It's not really about the dude himself but about his technique, amp, recordings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.