1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What's a good bass wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mcnach, Oct 6, 2013.

1. I have a Dunlop 105Q, but it definitely sucks the life out of the signal when in bypass.

So, what else is there that absolutely does not affect the signal in bypass?
    I guess either true bypass or with a good clean buffer.
    Adjustable level preferred.

I hear good stuff about the EBS ones, but I also hear the volume drops a bit when engaged and level is not adjustable.

Anything else worth trying?

2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    I use to own one and really dug the tone but hated the bypass as well. I got rid of it and now use either the wah/filter on my EHX H.O.G. (VERY adjustable digital filter as you can control the freq and resonance as well as adding in all it's intervals and even envelope and attack delay all at once!) or I plug my expression into my WMD Super Fatman for a VERY adjustable fat analog filter/wah.

Both have excellent bypass

3. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    I don't get the whole tone suck out of my 105Q. It's one of the new models. Hardly a difference, in fact my tone is heaps better through my pedalboard especially since my Phat Phuk B is always on. Are you sure your switch isn't faulty and your wah is not actually off but in that lower sweep state? That happened with my previous 105Q and I had it fixed.