Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What's a Tornado Bass??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rered, Nov 26, 2004.

1. rered

rered

Nov 26, 2004
    I've been around 4 strings for a long time (over 30 years - and all that means is I'm getting old), and today I saw my first Tornado brand bass guitar. It has gold hardware, the body is laminated with the front being mahagony? then a center layer of maple? then the back is mahagony? again. It looks like a sandwich. The neck is maple?, bolted on with 4 gold colored screws, and the fingerboard resembles mahagony. It has active electronics w/3 band eq, 2 pickups labled "Tornado". The five knobs are gold colored with fake? mother-of-pearl inlays covering the top of each knob. The front of the head piece is black and slightly hour-glass shaped. The back of each tuner has "Tnd" written in script. The cover for the truss rod is also gold colored with the same "Tnd" on it as well. I'm hoping that one of the many mavens on this forum can help me identify it.
    Thank you for all your time.

2. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    Well, I am no expert, but the only Tornado Bass I came up with in a search on the web is one made by Fury.

http://www.furyguitar.com/

Click on Tornado Bass on the menu on the left and see if that was it.

Hope it helps :)

3. burbach51

burbach51

Mar 31, 2009
    guys, I have an electric Tornado bass that i Purchases while i was stationed in South Korea in the Army. I am looking to sell it, but i don't have any information about it. Wondering if you could help. I have attached a link to craigs list with the pitcures. Anything you know would help.