1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whats happened to Traben?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Anyone know? AFAIK no one can get them right now, even the certified dealers, are they done? I love what they have done with Rockfield and the new designs, what gives?

2. Bogster

Bogster

Oct 13, 2002
    Orange Park, FL
    I've been to a couple places in town when they started making the Chaos Core, Moyer sig, etc type of basses with the Rockfield pups and Aggy pre-amps and they made it sound like you'd have to be on a waiting list a mile long to even LOOK at one in person. Now, those same places have them in stock and can't get rid of them, so I don't know what gives, man.

I do know that I've given a Moyer Standard sig a test drive a few times lately and likely will buy it unless someone can give me a reasonably compelling reason not to do so. It sounds great. Feels great. Nice bass all around.

3. scottbass

scottbass Bass lines like a big, funky giant

Jul 13, 2004
    Southern MN
    Traben is one of the brands "managed" (translation: imported) by Hanser Music Group/Hanser Holdings International. Some of the other brands they "manage" are B.C. Rich, Breatheaudio, Davitt & Hanser, Floyd Rose, Kustom, Michael Kelly, Nuvo, Rockfield Pickups, and Stage One. They used to "manage" OLP, but that particular brand is now defunct. Traben is still a viable product line being "managed" by Hanser.

4. madmanbass

madmanbass

Nov 29, 2008
    Thats strange. I was in in a music store trying a Traben Array Attack a week ago. They said they just go it in. They might have been lieing though, who knows?

5. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Maybe I should've made the post more clear, I'm not looking for one(already have a couple) but I've been hearing stories. The Perfect Bass only offered that they have severed their relationship with them and might resume it in the future, I have heard similar stories from other carriers.

6. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Hanser now distributes Warwick as well, so perhaps that has impacted Traben's distribution.

7. Gopherbassist

Gopherbassist

Jan 19, 2008
    They are changing manufacturers. They ****ed up a bunch of basses, so they're closing the factory and opening another one elsewhere.