1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

whats more important?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 60's Bluesman, May 12, 2010.

1. 60's Bluesman

60's Bluesman

Feb 7, 2010
    Michigan
    well i got a knock off starter bass that i have stopped using since i got a different and better guitar. my question is for someone who plays lots for blues and 60's rock what is more imprtant to have another electric bass or an acoustic bass? i looked on guitar center last night for cheap basses and they got a good selection i should be able to trade even up for or close to it

2. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Ocoee, TN
    IME, a second electric will get much more use than an acoustic.

3. I never thought of an acoustic bass as a good idea until I saw Nathan East playing one with Clapton - then it was LOVE and I hadda get one.

Really though - the acoustic is very versatile and fits into many more grooves than you will know until you try one.

Maybe the only thing it won't sound good at is slapping - but I've never tried it as I don't slap any of my instruments.

As far as an antidote for gas goes, it fills a lot of that urge to buy more basses just looking for 'that sound/tone' as it vastly improves your footprint in bass sounds and even playing technique.

It can go from super chocolate to the gut string hum of a stand-up double. Very smooth and super sustain too!

PS ::: You don't need to spend much more than three yards for a decent new one either.