1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

whats your GAS right now?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ghostjs, Apr 19, 2009.

1. ghostjs

ghostjs

Aug 14, 2008
    ghostjs
    Unofficially Endorsing: D'Addario, Lakland
    list your GAS!

my GAS right now is
    - Fretless P bass with maple neck
    - 6 string basses
    - MusicMan Stingrays
    - reliced Fenders

of course i cant afford stingrays or reliced basses..

2. Squire Classic Vibe P
    SansAmp
    An ear
    Some talent

3. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    White P-bass with mother of toilet seat pickguard, Darkstar PUP, maple fret board with mother of toilet seat block inlays.... mmmmmmm......

4. mrbass02

mrbass02

Nov 15, 2008
    indy
    hr_custom5_nat-34d07850afaf666d7c2f4105cc1a6e1b.

drool............

5. To replace this Framus Nashville bass, which got irreparably damaged in the 80's:

[​IMG]

6. Davecg2

Davecg2

Sep 8, 2008
    Indiana
    Founder, Dave BrowseMyGear.com
    for the first time I think i have all i need, the only thing i can think of is a bigger amp and crate set. My Hartke HyDrive H210c rocks and I love it, but it always nice to have more power and more speakers so i guess Id go with that. Right now Ive been eyeballing the setup you can win through Hartke's Win Victor's Rig Sweepstakes.

Hartke LH1000 Amp Head
    [​IMG]

Hartke HyDrive 4x10
    [​IMG]

Hartke HyDrive 1x15
    [​IMG]

Its like $1750 New for the whole rig, which IMO is pretty reasonable, but still more than i can spend right now, but I did enter the drawing so maybe ill get crazy lucky...

7. knarleybass

knarleybass Commercial User

Apr 6, 2005
    Tustin, CA
    Owner of Ulyate Instruments
    I have been wanting a Warwick Dolphin Pro 5 for some time... I am considering seeing if anyone will trade one for my NS 5 string EUB.

8. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    Status Graphite replacement neck for my Precision.

9. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    a fender american deluxe precision, i keep trying to talk myself out of getting one because i'm trying to save a little bit, but i just want it so badly

that and a whammy 4 to replace the one i sold months ago

10. A cheap but usable DB:
    A new Upton or used Kay

A cheap EUB:
    Played a Stagg @ a locally owned music store and really liked it :cool:

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    A Sunkist Orange P, fretless, with all black hardware, bound and blocked with black blocks.

I wish I could afford Nino! :)

12. tomsewell

tomsewell

Feb 21, 2009
    Tupelo, MS
    Genz-Benz Shuttle

13. phall2112

phall2112

Dec 31, 2008
    Yamaha attitude. :crying:

14. JoeyZ

JoeyZ

May 9, 2005
    I've been really wanting a MIM deluxe jazz bass in Cream with a tort gaurd!

15. a few years ago, i really really wanted the 6 string version of this, but then discovered the Studio Diamond Series line, and ended up getting that. basically the same, but neck through, and with three band active EMG Hz. i also thought it looked a little cooler. i bought it, and yes, it was amazing. i eventually went back to four string, but if you play 5 string, i highly recommend these basses. plenty of bang for your buck, too!!

gear i want real bad:

Mesa Roadready Powerhouse 1000. (the one with 4X10's around a 1X15.) sooooo cooooool
    or a Traynor 8X10, or a cab setup i really want (i photoshopped to see if it would look as cool as i thought):
    BASSRIG.
    and yep, it does. (the yba200 i have has the matching logo, not the one with wings, so it would look even cooler.)

16. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I'm just GASing but for nothing in particular. The worst kind. My bass is really all I need. My amp is really all I need. I don't NEED any effects.

I have a fretless that I never use and would like to sell trade for something...I just don't know for what.

17. A hollow body. I'm still doing the research to figure out what I want, but the GAS is for a hollow body.

18. Mikio

Mikio

Feb 21, 2009
    Santiago de Chile
    I got my Fender not long ago... my only ""GAS"" now is VIDEOGAMES!!! safadsdf :ninja:

19. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

I am contemplating selling a few of my basses to fund the purchase of a late 60's Fender Jazz.

Other than that, I am GAS free. I do have a dozen basses though, so I am very lucky that I have a nice (IMO) collection.

20. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    [​IMG]

Oh wait im not GAS'ing for it anymore it's on his way :bag: