When do you change batteries?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by semborg, Aug 6, 2005.

1. When do you change batteries.
    My Peavey Cirrus's batteries needs to be changed often.
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    How often is often?

I'm assuming you're not leaving the cord in your bass when you're not using it... that'll drain the batteries much faster
  3. It seems like I only can play my bass in 12 hours, then my batteries becomes dead.

I do not have the cord plugged in when not using the bass.
  4. Sounds like you may have a wiring problem. You should get a couple of months out of a battery even if you play a couple of hours a night. It's either that or the batteries you are buying. Maybe you should have a luthier look at it.
  5. 12 hours is unacceptable! I get about 6 months out of mine (EMG actives). Without a doubt different pickups will give different results but what you're describing is unheard of. If it is possible try unplugging the battery when you're not using your bass and see if that adds life to the battery. If it does then it would be safe to say you have a wiring problem. If it doesn't then I guess your batteries are crappy.

HHHMMMMM...Are you using rechargable batteries? I bet those wouldn't last too long in a bass.
  6. I am both using Alkaline and Rechargeable.
    (Alkaline in one Cirrus and Rechargeable in another)

I am not sure about the time. From now I am gonna check Exacly how long they last.
  7. I play unplugged alot when i practice. So its probably every 8-12 months