When the sound guy loves your band...

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by zachoff, Sep 4, 2010.

1. ...things are good, right? First thing I heard after our set last night was "You guys want to play shows with us?" Felt pretty good... We'll see what happens down the line!

2. BryanM

BryanM

Dec 15, 2007
    Seattle, WA
    Just hope it's not something like your girlfriend's parents thinking you're a great guy :ninja:

Really, though, congrats on a good response.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    it's a trick to lull you into a false sense of security.

:D

4. If you had a good set, then you had a good set...don't rely on the soundman's take. soundmen are a lower lifeform

5. modulusman

modulusman Inactive

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Just one step above most bass players

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    that was very unnecessary. i have some great friends that are soundmen, and some are amazing players as well. only a small handful of soundmen are cretinous lower lifeforms.

7. Yeah it was, but I can understand a person's POV if he says that about soundguys. And geezerjpj didn't say cretinous, did he?

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    no, i added the "cretinous" myself.

9. Man, y'all can't stand sound guys, huh? He plays guitar for a much more established local band than us so I was pretty excited about it. Hopefully we'll hear from them sooner than later.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021