1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Where are you?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sleepytime, Oct 7, 2009.

1. sleepytime

sleepytime

Nov 10, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    This may be in the wrong forum, my apologies if it is.

Notice: to anyone selling equipment in the classifieds.

I am not thrilled with the idea of sending checks to strangers in the mail, but I would be willing to drive an hour or two to check something out. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that I am not the only one who feels that way. It simply astounds me how many people give no clue as to their location when trying to sell.

I see things almost on a daily basis that catch my eye, and the only info in the seller's profile is "male".

A word to the wise...

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Agreed. Fill out your profiles people.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Thank you. Especially for a 'trade' ad, it would be nice to know if someone is within driving distance.

4. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Some people don't have Any thing in their profile. :rollno:

5. agreed
    a full profile AND feedback is +++++++++
    for getting your stuff SOLD and for you to buy

6. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Hear, hear.

7. I agree totally. I often see people who put something silly in their location or nothing at all. Filling out your profile says to everyone that you want to be part of the group, to learn, to be helped...to help. Filling it out also says "I have nothing to hide" and makes you appear more honest. At least it does to me.

8. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Yes.. nothing burns me up than someone asking for beginner help, or serious help, and they simply have "male" in their profile.

A stickie should be at the top of the home page about filling out your profile. If youre not willing to take 5 minutes to fill it out, Im not going to take 5 minutes to help.

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
    Pretty much i filled out my profile long ago, its updated once a month with gear i owned etc. I would not sned a Money order in the mail to 99% of the people on here, there are some people that i see post alot , have good feed back, chat with me etc and those few people i would send money everyone else i would only do paypal because i could get my money if they did not send it.