1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Where can you find background / backup vocal lyrics?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OogieWaWa, Oct 4, 2017.

1. OogieWaWa

OogieWaWa

Mar 17, 2013
    Oak Harbor, OH
    I started in a band that actually lets me use a mic! Sometimes it's hard to pick out the backup singers voices enough to hear what lyrics they are singing.

Anybody know of a site or a source to find them? So far the best resource I've found is a large miss-heard lyrics site, but it's slim pickings for any backup words.

We want to be different and stand out with three of us singing, using all the nice backups plus a lot of three part harmony.

I'm also (gasp!) doing some lead vocals. Fortunately there is lots of advice on learning to do that. Thanks for any help you can provide.

2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Most lyric sites are bad enough on lead vocals, let alone backups. Sing what you hear - if you can't make them, do you think the audience can? Just watch out for that bathroom on the right.

3. OogieWaWa

OogieWaWa

Mar 17, 2013
    Oak Harbor, OH
    Yup, that's pretty much were we are on that! I thought this place would be a good place to ask, though; probably fewer drummers sing backgrounds! And don't ask a lead singer any questions, of course!

And learning to sing them and still not screw up your timing . . . yuk, this is going to take a lot of work!