Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Where do I go from here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassnboards04, Sep 25, 2004.

1. bassnboards04

bassnboards04

Sep 25, 2004
    ok heres my situation...i started bass out with an esp b50 bass, some 12 watt ibanez amp and now ive got a 65 watt ampeg amp im wondering where in the world to go from here...ive got like $300 ..should i save more or what should i get...i dont really have a steady income so i cant just spend spend spend

thanks for suggestions

2. waxcomb

waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    1. Get a job
    2. Save your money
    3. Buy used, 300 watts

3. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    A new set of strings, and maybe a bass pedal if you're into that (I'm not :D). Good setup for now though :D.

4. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    extremely good advice already said: get a job, save money, buy P.A system, run Ampeg through PA, play really big Venues. make millions of dollars. quit old job. buy mansion and lots of basses and amps. lose basses and amps and mansion due to "place illegal situation here", go back to old job, make little pay, buy really bad bass, tell grandkids not to do what you did. then die a horribly boring death by choking on jello. life of a musician. (maybe)

5. bassnboards04

bassnboards04

Sep 25, 2004
    oh yeah i forgot to mention i already got a new set of strings so yeah and im gonna get a job as soon as the local guitar store has an opening...for now i just gotta wait im not flippin burgers

6. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    1. Please, we try to use more descriptive thread titles here at TB. I fixed it.

2. This one's pretty broad, so I'm going to move it to Misc.

Good luck!

7. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma

don't wait until the music store gets an opening. besides i hate working at music stores. you get payed comission and all that jazz. it's horrible. work at Mcdonalds or a grocery store or something. I fogot who said it but there was a bass player who said that when you are looking at colleges, don't just look at the music colleges. because it might do you better to not study all that stuff and what not. it somehow relates to what i said about the job. i think.