Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Oct 22, 2004.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

So I'm gettin' my change from an overpriced cup of coffee or a comic book, or a restaraunt and I get these bills. 3 of 'em I've received in the last month and they have: http://www.wheresgeorge.com written on them.

So I go to the site and one of the bills serial #'s I enter was in Colorado 2 days earlier. Kinda cool.

Yeah, I'm workin' on gettin' that "life" thing.
  2. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Colorado two days earlier? Cool, but where are you?
  3. P. Aaron

Just outsid'a' Detroit!
  4. Woah, this is cool. Thanks for the link! My week is booked. :)
  5. hey P. Aaron! I got that same bill before hand, I just never checked the serial number! I got it in a resteraunt with my grandma! I wonder how many OTHER talkbassers have got ?
  6. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I completely forgot about that website until I started working in the bank. I get plenty of money everyday with that written on it. I wish I had time to write down all the serial numbers and track 'em...maybe on a slow wednesday or something...
  7. P. Aaron

You can register yourself and type in the serial #'s of any bills you want. Commit a federal crime by writing "wheresgeorge.com", (thus defacing gov't property) on the bill, then be notified of the bill's travels.

On a whim, or if I'm killin' time, I'll plug in the occasional serial number.
  8. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I got one of those bills today, and it's traveled a total of 17 miles in 9 days.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WOW!! That dollar bill made it all the way over to Washington state. I have it now.

I'll buy something with it tomorrow, and see how long it takes for another TB'er to get it.

This is more exciting than putting a message in a bottle and throwing it in the ocean.

10. verbatim

Apr 24, 2014
    It is not a federal crime to write on bills. It is only a crime to deface bills to the point that they become unusable:
    moneyfactory . gov / historicallegislation.html
    (emphasis mine)

"Defacement of currency is a violation of Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code. Under this provision, currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."
  11. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Outside of Detroit is a great place to be.
  12. hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I have been tracking WG bills for more than ten years.
    I check every one I get at my business.
  13. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    I may have to stop hanging around with you guys.
  14. It's cool that we finally got that clarified after waiting for 10 years. Mega zombie reboot!
  15. will33

May 22, 2006
    I've and ended up with quite a few of these bills over the years but have never gone to the website. I'll have to do that next one I get.

It's also been said that a lot of bills have minute traces of cocaine on them.

16. P. Aaron

I have one in my wallet right now. Gotta log on (hope I remember my password) and update it.

EDIT: The $1 bill I just posted was originally entered on 5/19/10 in Minneapolis, MN. It then was recorded in Columbus, GA on 3/5/2011.

I just posted it today in Huntington Woods, MI.