Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Which Ampeg Cab For...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by timidbassist, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Which Ampeg cab would best fit the likes of the SVT5? When i played the SVT4 i played it on a class ic 810 and loved it but are any of the other Ampeg cabs better suited for this amp?
    Thanks,
    Dave

2. As far as the Ampeg range goes, a SVT-410HLF, SVT-610HLF, or the PR-410HLF would be great choices. As would the classic 810E :)

3. So the SVT series cabs arent going to be a better fit for the Ampeg AVT5 pro head? Thats pretty much what i was wondering.
    Thanks!
    Dave

4. I don' think that any of their cabs are necessrily a better fit (other then the fact that some are going to have pretty low RMS power handling capabilities). The SVT series cabs all have a look and tone to them. I believe that the PR 410 has a bit of a different tone then the SVT series has (but I've not played it a ton). Really, it depends on what type of sound you're going for - the 810E has a very pronounced midrange, and rolled off lows (plus it's a sealed cab which has a sound all it's own), the HLF series have a fuller bottom end. They all sound like Ampeg's though, so make sure you like the sound :)